Retreat Policies and FAQ
24-Hour Service , Video Surveillance and Unlimited Play
1) Where are you located?
We are on the Friendswood/Alvin border right behind Living Stones Church. The two main crossroads are Hwy 517/Hwy 35. Our address is 2255 Washington Ave. Alvin, Texas 77511.
2) What are you hours of operation?
While we have staff on site 24-7, we have specific hours for the front office and for pick up and drop off:
Retreat Hours for Drop Off, Pick Up and Social Club: Monday-Friday 7 - 7 | Saturday and Sunday 8 - 6
3) Are tours permitted and how do I schedule one?
Yes!! We love showing off our retreat! We ask that you email or call us to schedule a time for a tour.
4) We are a Members Only retreat! All dogs MUST complete and pass a New Membership Trial before participating in any retreat services. This also applies to any returning dog who has not been to our retreat in over a year. The cost for the membership trial is $65. Please click here for more information.
We strive to build a safe, comfortable and stress-free environment. If at any time during the trial your dog exhibits any aggression or extreme anxiety, he/she will not pass the membership trial. If we believe the behavior can be improved with training or more visits, the trainer will discuss this with you. The $65 fee is still required regardless if your dog passes the trial or not.
5) Your dog does NOT need to be spayed or neutered prior to playing, boarding or training with us. We do NOT allow females who are in active heat to be on the property. If your female is in heat, please let us know immediately. In the event your female comes into heat while with us, she will be quarantined until she is able to be picked up. She will not be allowed to participate in social activities until her heat cycle is complete (3-4 weeks). If you're unable to pick your dog up, an additional daily rate of $25 will be included each day your dog is here due to the special accommodations that will be required to ensure your dog is safe.
6) To enter the retreat property ALL dogs must be current on Rabies (given every 1-3 years per vet), Parvo and Distemper (not required for dogs over 7 years old) and Bordetella (we highly recommend the Bordetella be given every 6 months but will accept a 1 year if approved by your veterinarian. Due to the unique environment, we do recommend proof of a negative fecal test every year. All vaccines MUST be given by a licensed Veterinarian. Puppies under 6 months of age MUST have proof of a negative fecal test within 2 weeks of starting any type of program. The Canine Influenza vaccine is left up to your vets' discretion. Please be aware that your dog cannot receive ANY vaccines within 48-72 hours of the start of his/her reservation.
7) There is a $5 per day charge when feeding your dog with “house” food. We recommend that you bring in your own food because changing your dog's diet can cause a Gastrointestinal distress (upset stomach).
8) When sending your dog for an overnight stay - regardless of if he/she is here for boarding or training, please only send a collar with a name tag and, due to VERY limited space, pre-packaged, labeled food. We have plenty of blankets, toys, bowls and treats. Exceptions to prepackaging food would be if your dog is scheduled to stay with us for over 2 weeks. If your dog has a food allergy, you may also send his/her specific treats. Please be sure EVERYTHING you send is labeled with first and last name, type of food and amount to give.
9) DEPOSITS REQUIRED ON ALL BOARDING - Due to the limited number of rooms, we require a 25% deposit of your total stay. This deposit becomes NON-REFUNDABLE if the reservation is not cancelled 72 hours prior to the start date.
10) Because of our wait list for training, we require a 25% non-refundable deposit for all training services at the time the reservation is made. An additional 50% is due at drop off and the remaining balance of 25% is due the last day of training.
11) Boarding charges are as follows:
Check-In for all boarding services excluding day boarding is between 8:00 am - 4:00 pm 7 days a week.
Check-Out for all boarding services excluding day boarding is between 8:00 am - 3:00 pm.
Check-out AFTER 3:00 pm will result in a fee of $10 per hour per family until 7 pm. After 7 pm, an entire night's fee is charged.
Picking up after hours is permitted by appointment only and may result in a $25 fee per family. After hours means between the hours of 7 pm and 7 am Monday-Sunday.
12) While we do not allow aggressive dogs to stay at EP, we do allow dogs who may be dog-selective or are unable to socialize for one reason or another. We call this "non-social" boarding. The price for this boarding option is $60 per night due to the fact that they require an additional staff member to give them the attention required to keep them happy and active in an individual setting.
13) We require a credit card to be put on account for any and all services. Your card will not be charged without your permission unless you have not paid an invoice within 12 hours of receiving it.
14) HURRICANE POLICY: We ARE not able to evacuate with your dog. In the event a Category 3 or higher is projected to hit and a voluntary evacuation is called for our county, you or your emergency contact will be required to pick your dog up as soon as the evacuation is announced. If you or your contact is unable to get your dog and he/she must evacuate with our team, there will be an additional $250 PER DAY during the evacuation.
15) Peak pricing (base rate plus $5 per pet per day) apply for dates below:
CCISD Spring Break Schedule
Friday - Monday
July 2 - July 4